How to care for wood siding
Care and maintenance for Cambia wood siding is easy and not extremely time intensive. Plus, depending on the look you are trying to achieve, you may not need to do anything at all! Cambia wood siding is beautiful all on its own and if left uncoated, it will turn a gorgeous, silvery grey color that mimics an aged, uncoated cedar.
What product should I use to care for Cambia wood siding?
If you coat Cambia wood siding, we strongly advise using a water or oil based coating that promises UV protection in order to maintain the desired color. We recommend Woca products for our Cambia wood siding.
How to care for Cambia wood siding
The process of applying a coating to Cambia wood siding is surprisingly simple. Here are a few tips and directions from Woca (or you can watch the video for further instruction):
- First and foremost, be sure you have clothing that will protect your skin as well as a pair of gloves to protect your hands.
- For the application you will need a paintbrush or a Woca applicator and a paint tray.
- Plan your maintenance over a few days where there won’t be any rain.
- Clean your Cambia wood siding before applying coating.
- After stirring the coating, apply the oil coating with an applicator in a thin layer and remove any excess oil with a clean cloth.
- It can take up to 48 hours for the coating to set.
- Once hardened, you can choose to polish the surface with a pad or machine.
How often should maintenance happen for wood siding?
If you choose to coat Cambia wood siding, we suggest doing a reapplication every 2-3 years. Depending on your property and the sun exposure to the siding, the time between reapplications could be a little more or less.